I was honored to be a panelist in this last week’s AFWA Women’s Empowerment Panel Breakfast.
I was joined on stage by 4 other successful women who have built their careers, overcome adversity, figured out how to succeed in what can sometimes seem like a ‘man’s world’ and not lost themselves along the way.
One of my favorite questions from the moderator was about books that have impacted us. I’m a big reader, and it was all I could do to not scribble this whole list out as I was sitting there on stage. (Read my blog post on effective listening – only reason I didn’t!)
However, I did listen to the video of the event later so I could grab these titles. And in case you are a book buff like me, I’m sharing the list below.
Here are 9 Impactful Business /Emotional Intelligence Books that you must add to your reading list.
- Positive Intelligence: Why Only 20% of Teams and Individuals Achieve Their True Potential AND HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOURS -by Shirzad Chamine
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results – how to move forward on the big goal and not get lost in all the noise
- Daring Greatly, by Brene Brown – How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
- Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill
- Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg – how your habits impact your life and business
- Influence, the Psychology of Persuasion, by Robert Cialdini, PHD
- The Snow Cone Diaries, by Abby Vega
- The 5 Second Rule, by Mel Robbins
- Reality Based Leadership : Ditch the Drama, Restore Sanity to the Workplace, and Turn Excuses into Results, by CY Wakeman
Do you have a favorite book on business or emotional intelligence that’s not included here? Post in the comments below!